What We Offer
What is an English Hub?
English Hubs are primary schools that excel in early language and literacy teaching - there are 34 across England appointed by the DfE. We aim to support schools in achieving excellence in literacy teaching through the initial focus of:
- Developing early language and closing the word gap
- Developing early reading through systematic synthetic phonics
- Promoting a love of reading
Myland English Hub will support eligible schools to deliver excellent language and phonics teaching in Reception and Key Stage 1. This will be through:
- Attendance at a showcase event where you will have a chance to see us in action! Further information will also be shared about our approach to the support that we offer and there will be opportunities for you to discuss your school’s priorities and begin to establish networks with colleagues - funding will be available to support up to two members of staff from your school to attend.
- An audit of your current early language and reading provision following the submission of a completed action plan which will set out your plans for improvement and any resources required.
- 6 days' worth of school-to-school delivered by our appointed Literacy Specialists for schools with the greatest need.
- Funding to support the delivery of the support and purchase of resources for schools with the greatest need.
How to request support
Any school can request support from Myland English Hub by contacting us at email@example.com or you can be referred directly by your local authority, the DfE or a National Leader of Education.